Caravan_site in UK

URL of the following notice:

Ungelöster Hinweis Nr. 3396766
Beschreibung

tourism=chalet

Erstellt von spielmops vor 23 Tagen
Standort: 50,8255996, 0,3907710

Erledigt von Bexhill-OSM vor 18 Tagen

I think the existing tag of tourism=caravan_site fits Normans Bay Caravan Park better that chalet, even though they are static caravans.
Reaktiviert von spielmops vor 11 Tagen

Kommentar von spielmops vor 11 Tagen

Why do you think so?
Kommentar von Bexhill-OSM vor 5 Tagen

It's a place where you can rent a static caravan

End of notice __________________________________________________

The word “caravan” is composed of the words “car” and “van”, both vehicles that are moved on roads. In this respect, “static caravan” is a bit wrong.

The “caravan” on this site are holiday homes with 2 wheels. We all know that these mobile homes only have wheels so that they don’t need a building permit. And you probably save on taxes too. Otherwise, these are normal holiday homes. And no vehicles that are moved on roads.

From wiki of openstreetmap dot org:
"A caravan site, caravan park, motorhome stopover location or RV park is a place where people with caravans / motorhomes / recreational vehicles can stay overnight, or longer, in allotted spaces known as “pitches” or “sites”. …
See also: residential=trailer_park – Residential area consisting of prefabricated houses or static caravans (mobile homes) on small lots.

Tagging trailer parks as “caravan_site” means that campers with caravans or motorhomes drive to such sites and then have to leave disappointed. Unfortunately, many trailer parks in the UK are tagged so badly and this has also been noticed by senior mappers. That’s why the user “CjMalone” created the following challenge:
https://maproulette.org/browse/projects/38792

Spielmops
(Please excuse my bad English, it’s not my mother tongue)

9 posts - 6 participants

Read full topic

Ce sujet de discussion accompagne la publication sur https://community.openstreetmap.org/t/caravan-site-in-uk/5026