Category "Garmin maps" as a sub category of "OSM Specials"

I hereby request the addition of category “Garmin maps” as a sub category of “OSM Specials” (requested in Category "OSM Specials" ).

Category name

Garmin maps

Is this a top-level category or a subcategory?

sub of “OSM Specials”

Description of its purpose and which open mapping groups it will serve

“Garmin maps” offers discussion and help on converting OSM data to and for Garmin devices. Creating Garmin maps out of OSM data is a special process, it requires usage of specialized tools, among other things it involves filtering OSM data and translating OSM data into a format understood by Garmin devices.

Why is this new category needed instead of being hosted as part of the existing ones?

The existing categories here don’t cover these subjects.

Is this a new space or does it already exist on other platforms? Where?

The old forum exists on Garmin maps / OpenStreetMap Forum but it’s locked.

Current volume of messages on the former platforms, if any (per week/per month)

Unknown to me.

Is there a transition plan for the old platform to this new one? (please link or describe)

Unknown to me. I’m a user.

(Optional) A link or list of the category specific guidelines

Unknown to me.

List the usernames of the category moderators

Unknown to me. I’m a new user and looking for the “Garmin maps” category since it seems to be locked on the old forum and no equivalent seems to be available here (yet), also as of today I can’t see that the data has been migrated to here.

14 posts - 4 participants

Read full topic

Ce sujet de discussion accompagne la publication sur https://community.openstreetmap.org/t/category-garmin-maps-as-a-sub-category-of-osm-specials/8438