Another @forums-governance team meeting took place on 2022-06-15T22:00:00Z UTC.
- Unblocking migration of forum.osm.org
- Plans on help.osm.org transition
- Content migration or archive
- Acknowledgement for users’ reputation
- Plugin installation
- Public communication and forum visibility
- Quick status checks on open requests in the site-feedback category
Unblocking migration of forum.osm.org
- @Firefishy to talk to @cquest and evaluate the best way of supporting the work as well as the complexity of the work to be done
- Next week we’ll publish the status and an updated plan.
- @Firefishy discovered that some themes on the old forum did not show the banner.
Plans on help.osm.org transition
- Questions-answers plugin was deprecated in favour of a new official one (Discourse Question Answer - plugin - Discourse Meta). We’ll wait until this new one is ready for deployment.
- By 2022-07-14T00:00:00Z UTC we’ll take an informed decision on migration option based on research from @Firefishy
- This will not be the focus until migration of forum.osm.org is complete.
- Keep encouraging new community categories to update their community index info with the new forum. Should preferably be ranked above comparable platforms.
- The forums should be linked directly from the openstreetmap.org website at some point, but we need to figure out the specifics. (Where to position links? Do we need to open a discussion about how the /help /about pages are going to be updated? Who should handle this?)
3 posts - 2 participants
Ce sujet de discussion accompagne la publication sur https://community.openstreetmap.org/t/forums-governance-team-meeting-2022-06-16/1726