Since last year, @nitinatsangsit and I, have initiated quite a few revisions of the Thailand wiki to improve, besides other topics, the road classifications guidelines for both major/minor highways:
The initiative started mainly because Grab had their own conflicting classification, but it was also motivated by long-standing misconceptions and conflicts between mappers e.g.
- tagging major highways based on their importance vs specific attributes (ref and others)
- usage of service=alley vs path vs residential
- living_street vs residential
- footway vs path
- track for unpaved surfaces only vs agricultural/forestry function
- residential vs unclassified for thru-traffic
The current wiki definitions are far from perfect and will need further revisions, but at the same time, I also realized that some of you may not be aware of the latest changes.
So if you have any feedback, concerns, or questions regarding any major/minor road classifications documented in the wiki, please respond below. Thanks. Julien
22 posts - 6 participants
Ce sujet de discussion accompagne la publication sur https://community.openstreetmap.org/t/highways-wiki-revisions-feedback/4216