Hi, how should I tag a glass cabinet that is placed in a pedestrian zone? Such cabinets can be quite large , for example 0.5 x 2.0 m and approximately 2 m tall, and frequently contain community information, touristic information or merchandise from nearby shops.
I’ve found some tags for things that look similar: indoor=glass_cabinet, amenity=public_bookcase, man_made=street_cabinet, advertising=poster_box, but none of this really fits.
( Maybe this example illustrates that the currently used tags are not well structured. A more structured approach might lead to:
- What do you see: man_made=cabinet
- What is it made of: cabinet:material=glass
- What is it used for or what does it provide:
- amenity=information, information=community_information or
- amenity=information, information=citymap or
- amenity=advertising, advertising=clothes
but this would probably collide with too many existing tagging concepts.)
Thanks for your help!
5 posts - 4 participants
Ce sujet de discussion accompagne la publication sur https://community.openstreetmap.org/t/how-to-tag-glass-cabinet-in-pedestrian-zone/99406