- I am working on improved guidelines for Thailand’s minor highways classification, so I am looking for global feedback, and yes I am aware each country may have its own variations.
- We had many instances of (often rugged)
highway=residentialdue to the presence of what may look like a residence. While some conversions may be justified like in the examples below, often visible buildings are only farming huts used for daily work, or gardens not used as permanent residences.
When do you justify that a minor road primarily used for access to agricultural fields can be upgraded? Based on the number of residences/places along it? Based on the surface and its conditions (4wd or not)?
- Way: 855192245 | OpenStreetMap (hotel, visible on Mapillary only)
- Way: 1104644360 | OpenStreetMap (resort)
- Way: 381950399 | OpenStreetMap (farm stay)
- Way: 911552711 | OpenStreetMap (farm huts/estates)
These examples are typical dirt tracks originally used to access nearby fields, and are not known to be used as through traffic (hence I believe making
Would you tag these as
highway=track and why ?
4 posts - 2 participants
Ce sujet de discussion accompagne la publication sur https://community.openstreetmap.org/t/how-to-tag-unpaved-tracks-primarily-used-for-access-to-agricultural-fields-with-the-exception-of-one-residence-or-hotel/4737