Is it possible to use ID to edit OSM data and save it only locally (on my device), NOT to the server?

It should be prefaced that I know essentially nothing about how all of these editing programs and stuff work, as well as how OSM works to begin with.

I simply wish to edit the data of towns in my county and add more roads and features to places for fun, as part of a personal project. I (obviously) do not want to save it to the OSM server, as fictitious data is not allowed. I simply want to be able to make these edits and save them to my personal device for my own use. I preferably want to be able to use ID to edit since I tried JOSM and my tiny brain cannot comprehend that. I hope this question made a little sense, and sorry for it being so non-specific - I have no idea what I’m looking for. I’ve been trying to look for a way to do this kind of thing for a long time and hope someone can help me or point me to a different way/program to be able to do it. Thanks.

14 posts - 8 participants

Read full topic

Ce sujet de discussion accompagne la publication sur https://community.openstreetmap.org/t/is-it-possible-to-use-id-to-edit-osm-data-and-save-it-only-locally-on-my-device-not-to-the-server/99727