Landuse for mixed retail/residential/commercial areas

Hi folks,

Let’s say there’s a street lined by medium density buildings (three or more levels high). The ground floors are taken up by shops, restaurants, and cafes. The levels above are all apartments. When you’re walking around at street level the “vibe” is that of a food & shopping area (despite there technically being many more apartments above than shops below).

How would you tag landuse?

Click to view the poll.

Asking because I’ve seen different approaches recommended, but I’m not sure if there’s a clear preference for one vs. another. The wiki also seems to be silent on the matter.

Note: the question really applies for any retail/residential/commercial combination, but I figured I’d focus the poll on a concrete scenario to make it clearer.

Thanks for your thoughts!

7 posts - 7 participants

Read full topic

Ce sujet de discussion accompagne la publication sur