OpenStreetMap Mexico Comunidad

Category name

OpenStreetMap Mexico Community

Is this a top-level category or a subcategory?

Subcategory

Description of its purpose and which open mapping groups it will serve

To allow a space of discussion for the OSM community of Mexico on topics that unlike the chats, require to remain visible and allow decision making, and also for people who do not wish to join the chats and prefer an orderly space and permanent visualization. @rimugu has already create a topic but I understand that the topics must be placed under categories (I hope I’m right).

Why is this new category needed instead of being hosted as part of the existing ones?

The Mexican OSM community is not necessarily contained in the LATAM community; the members are not the same, and a national space specialized in local issues appeared necessary.

Is this a new space or does it already exist on other platforms? Where?

It would replace the Mexico category in the old forum platform.

Current volume of messages on the former platforms, if any (per week/per month)

In average 1 conversation per month that can lead to passionate conversations (several messages a day during the momentum of a conversation).

Is there a transition plan for the old platform to this new one? (please link or describe)

Invite the members to join this new platform (some of them are already there). Chat around the way to save the history.

(Optional) A link or list of the category specific guidelines

OSM Etiquette Guidelines

List the usernames of the category moderators

Ideally at least 3 users who can commit to moderate the category and enforce the guidelines.
    Any context about these 3 users and why they would be a good moderators.
    An individual reply to this topic from these 3 users supporting the request and committing to their moderator duties is needed.

@JeSe-MX has been moderator in the old forum for many years, trying to do an imparcial and continuous job in that role.
@CENTSOARER has been active for a long time in the old forum and might be interested in investing this new space.
I can also contribute to the collaborative effort.
If anybody wouldn’t like to participate as moderator, could they propose somebody else?

5 posts - 4 participants

Read full topic

Ce sujet de discussion accompagne la publication sur https://community.openstreetmap.org/t/openstreetmap-mexico-comunidad/2637