We are very excited about the upcoming webinar on the Perspectives of AI and OpenStreetMap (OSM) on Tuesday 11 July 10:00 and 18:00UTC . Make sure you register here : Perspectives on AI Assisted Mapping in OSM Tickets, Tue, Jul 11, 2023 at 10:00 AM | Eventbrite
This webinar is a collaboration of the HOT community Working Group and Tech and Innovation Working Group.
We will have exciting panel members leading the discussion ( @Radim Štampach , Fila Milan, Benjamin Herfort @Victor N.Sunday ) but what we want to get out of this webinar is hear from YOU and have an engaging discussion! What are your perspectives and views about AI assisted mapping? What questions do you have?
Some discussion questions to think about:
- Do you have some experiences with mapping with AI buildings and roads? What is your opinion about the results?
- What are your assumptions, “bias” and hypotheses around the “universal” (vs localized) deployment of AI
- What do you think about the role of AI in improving data quality of OSM?
- Would you use pre-prepared AI data if it meant faster mapping?
- What is more important to your community? Faster mapping at the cost of more errors or less errors at the cost of slower speed?
These are guiding questions- we would love to hear from YOU. What additional questions do you have, what discussion points would you like to bring! Please let us know by responding to this thread! or kindly add them in this loomio thread : Perspectives on AI assisted mapping in OSM: we want your input!
Look forward to seeing you there!
10 posts - 4 participants
Ce sujet de discussion accompagne la publication sur https://community.openstreetmap.org/t/perspectives-on-ai-assisted-mapping-in-osm/100604