Hello OSMUS, and CCC Mappers, I am proposing to import the Contra Costa County Addresses dataset, sourced from Contra Costa County Department of Information Technology GIS group.
This is the wiki page for my import:
This is the source dataset’s website:
The data download is available here:
This is a file I have prepared which shows the data after it was translated to OSM schema:
Works by California Governmental Agencies should be in the Public Domain, under State law. However, the GIS Disclaimer contains the following line: NOTE: “THIS DATA CONTAINS COPYRIGHTED INFORMATION OF THE COUNTY OF CONTRA COSTA” Which is really confusing.
I have emailed the county more than a week ago, and I have never heard back from them.
The data SHOULD be licensed under Public Domain.
- I came up with the idea after I noticed that no addresses exist in CCC
- Zyphlar helped me a lot with preparing data
- Writeup can be found in the git repo linked above
- The dataset will be imported by Frigyes06_Import using JOSM
- The formatted dataset is 97 Megabytes, it contains only Address points
- Conflation will be aided and carefully reviewed using the conflation JOSM plugin.
- Data will be carefully validated by me, and aided by Mapwithai JSOM Plugin
12 posts - 4 participants
Ce sujet de discussion accompagne la publication sur https://community.openstreetmap.org/t/proposed-import-of-contra-costa-county-ca-address-points/108379