Tag nodes and way at same time

Here I go, putting in the power poles one by one. Now the next step is to draw the power line along
them, connecting it to each of the nodes that I just made.

Or:
There I go, drawing the power line. Then the next step is to put nodes along it where the power poles are.

Why can’t I do both in one step? Automatically have the nodes that I create for the power line be tagged as wooden power poles.

Anyway, there must be some more smart way. Think of a sewing machine, with each stitch the thread comes out automatically.

Anyway, in iD or Vespucci one still needs two steps: making the poles and then connecting the line. Or making the line and then planting the poles.

One should perhaps think that poles should always come first, because that’s how the electric company does it. But let’s say you make a lot of poles and then you forgot which way you want to stretch the line. So it’d be much more interesting if one could make the line while making the poles at the same time! I wonder which editor can do something like that?

Yes, each individual pole has different numbers on it that eventually need to be put in the tags. But let’s just say we’re working from air photos at this stage so we just have wooden poles and minor electric wire. Same tags for all.

5 posts - 3 participants

Read full topic

Ce sujet de discussion accompagne la publication sur https://community.openstreetmap.org/t/tag-nodes-and-way-at-same-time/5328