Forum OSM France

Taiwan subcategory

Category name

台灣/Tâi-oân/Tâi-uân(Taiwan)

Is this top-level category or a subcategory?

No, I subcategory under Local Community

Description of it’s purpose and which open mapping groups will serve

Currently, there are several community channels split into different platforms, like Facebook Group, Slack, Telegram, and Mailing List for the OpenStreetMap Taiwan community. And we did not have a sub-forum on the old OSM forum. We want to use a modern forum system like Discouse to be a place to have discussions in Taiwan National Languages like Taiwanese Mandarin, Taiwanese Hokkien, Taiwanese Hakka, and varies Formosan Languages.

We hope we could have a place to discuss mapping issue of Taiwan, or mass import project in Taiwan. Or general discussion of the big plan of OpenStreetMap Taiwan should do.

Why this new category is needed instead of being hosted as part of the existing ones?

I think the existing one is not suitable for you need a separate account for each service. And the most popular platform in Taiwan is Facebook, but Facebook is dying in Taiwan, might have to find a place more OpenStreetMap-central to gather likemind.

Is this a new space or it’s already existing in other platform(s)? Where?

What the current volume of messages in the former platform (per week/per month)

Combine different channels, probably 3 posts per week.

Is there a transition plan for the old platform to this new one? (please link or describe)

No, probably cross-posting to different channels.

(Optional) A link or list of the category specific guidelines

We will adapt OSM Etiquette Guidelines

List the usernames of the category moderators

• Me, Supaplex of course
  • s8321414:One of host of Monthy Taipei Wikipedia Meetup, also a active member of OpenStreetMap Taiwan, maintaining zh-tw version of WeeklyOSM and OpenStreetMap Taiwan Facebook Fan page
  • assanges:osm.tw website maintainer, an active OpenStreetMap contributor, and a Wikidata contributor too.

9 posts - 4 participants

Read full topic

Ce sujet de discussion accompagne la publication sur https://community.openstreetmap.org/t/taiwan-subcategory/1631