What is the academic term for the geologic formations where vegetation has formed over felsenmeer?

How are you?
I’m an OSM mapper from South Korea.
Please forgive me for writing this in English to see if it translates well to what I’m trying to convey.

A stone field that is the result of a long period of glacial or volcanic activity is called a ‘block field’, ‘boulder field’, ‘felsenmeer’, etc.
These geological formations often remain bare, but sometimes vegetation of mosses or grasses forms on them.
My question is this.
I was wondering what the geologic formations with vegetation forming on top of a felsenmeer are called in academic terms.



1 post - 1 participant

Read full topic

Ce sujet de discussion accompagne la publication sur https://community.openstreetmap.org/t/what-is-the-academic-term-for-the-geologic-formations-where-vegetation-has-formed-over-felsenmeer/104301