What is the (british) english term for the wheel part of the mining shaft infrastructure?

I dived into the tagging of objects of mining infrastructure that can commonly be seen on village greens or village entrances in former mining areas, because I live in one - and I’ve seen these objects often but did not map them. I will change that.

What is a good term for that part (not the bicycle in front :slight_smile: ):

In German it’s called “Seilscheibe” and the english version of the website of the Deutsches Bergbaumuseum is using “pulley” for this.

Is there a better translation?
It seems to be as hard as it was for @Herwescheluc with his minecart question to find an adequate english term.

I would like to tag it with

Ideas how to tag it better?

10 posts - 5 participants

Read full topic

Ce sujet de discussion accompagne la publication sur https://community.openstreetmap.org/t/what-is-the-british-english-term-for-the-wheel-part-of-the-mining-shaft-infrastructure/109013