What is the tower construct in English for 'tiranti'

Mapper @Stefano Alleva, barely active, dropped a node in the mountains this summer with tags as follows


The German translation is Zugstangen or Spannstangen and English is tie rods. 40 meters high i can believe given the aerial image shades it throws on the grassland at different hours of day and season, but it being a wind speed meter on a 40 meter mast is curious given it’s near the top of a bulge called Colle Rotondo at 1403m.

I’m thinking actually of wires keeping it up. How is that called in proper, guyed and guyed_tube popping up in TI.

edit: found a second one not far off with same tags, same mapper.

3 posts - 2 participants

Read full topic

Ce sujet de discussion accompagne la publication sur https://community.openstreetmap.org/t/what-is-the-tower-construct-in-english-for-tiranti/105873