What's the traffic_calming=island area?

Hi, I have a micromapping question. If I want to draw a traffic_calming=island area, should I map the painted area or the “physical” area? en.wikipedia says: " A traffic island is a solid or painted object in a road that channels traffic", but since sometimes we have other conventions I prefere to ask. Also we could update the OSM wiki to make it clear.

In case mapping the painted area is the correct option, is there a way to map the physical one as well? I was thinking of barrier=kerb closed way but I read is to be used only for sidewalks, which is not the case.

13 posts - 7 participants

Read full topic

Ce sujet de discussion accompagne la publication sur https://community.openstreetmap.org/t/whats-the-traffic-calming-island-area/9189