When does StreetComplete remove oneway:bicycle=no?

It would have been nice if the OP added this bit of information for context, but maybe post and bug report just coincidentally happened at the same time.
If I understand correctly, the ticket is complaining that StreetComplete automatically adds oneway:bicycle=no if you have a cycleway on the left side of the road - no matter if it’s separate or not. Where does it say anything about removing that?

While I can see the point of adding bicycle:oneway=no if there is bicycle traffic going in the opposite direction of the one way street, StreetComplete should not automatically do this if the cycleway that goes in the opposite direction is mapped separately.
There should be at least a question whether bicycles are allowed to ride against the flow on the carriageway as well. Automatically assuming they are, might be a valid choice in some countries, I don’t know, but it seems to be a risky thing to do without confirmation.

And to further answer a question by @westnordost from the bug report:

Basically, it comes down to how bicycle:oneway (=~ vehicle access restrictions) should be interpreted (in relation to cycleway=separate):

1. Should it always refer to the street as a whole (i.e. including potentially separately mapped cycleway) or
  2. Should it refer to the whole street only if the cycleway situation is not mapped on a separate way?

Or in other words, should access restrictions refer to always streets as a whole or to individual OSM ways?

All access restrictions apply to the OSM way they are attributed to. If the cycleway is mapped with cycleway:left=track, then they apply to this track as well. If the cycleway is just “referenced” with cycleway:left=separate, then they don’t apply to this way, because it’s a separate OSM way.

8 posts - 4 participants

Read full topic

Ce sujet de discussion accompagne la publication sur https://community.openstreetmap.org/t/when-does-streetcomplete-remove-oneway-bicycle-no/7586